This agua fresca recipe makes use of any seasonal melons you may have on hand (try your local farmers’ market!) and includes much less added sugar than traditional agua fresca recipes to help you hydrate the healthy way.Serves 4-6
- 2 – 3 cups melon chunks (watermelon, cantaloupe, honeydew, etc.)
- 2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 1 tablespoon honey or agave nectar
- Mint sprigs for garnish, optional
- Place melon in a blender and puree until smooth. Strain through a sieve and discard pulp.
- Pour into a pitcher and stir in water, lime juice, and sweetener of your choice.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Melon agua fresca may be served over ice and garnished with mint, if desired.